History of the TÜV quality certificate
TÜV Rhineland was founded back in 1872, when a group of German private entrepreneurs agreed to establish the Steam Boiler Inspection Organization (DÜV – Dampfkessel Überwachungsvereine). The task of the Organization was to check the technical safety of the boilers. Over time, it was from this organization that the modern TUV Rheinland Group emerged.
Today GS TÜV Rheinland, whose head office is located in Cologne, operates in the following industries:
– Certification of management systems
– Product certification
– Industrial services
– Life safety
– Training and consulting
The company’s annual turnover exceeds € 1.3 billion (2010), and more than 500 offices around the world employ 14,400 specialists, of which 6,770 are in Germany (2011).
The company mark, GS TÜV Rheinland marking, literally means “tested and safe”. Only TÜV Rheinland Product Safety GmbH can “award” any product with this mark. It is noteworthy that the manufacturer can obtain this marking for his product only voluntarily by contacting the company with a request to certify his product. TÜV experts check the goods in an independent laboratory not only at the time of the manufacturer’s request, but also periodically re-check randomly selected newly produced product samples during the entire period of validity of the certificate. That is why, for knowledgeable consumers, the TÜV marking on a product carries a lot of weight.
TÜV certification can only be obtained by truly reliable and safe products. Therefore, today it is an analogue of the German quality mark.
GS TUV Rheinland certification conditions:
– certification is exclusively voluntary
– conducted by objective, unbiased experts
– all tests and tests are carried out by an independent laboratory
– control of the production of the product is carried out throughout the validity period of the certificate.